Keeping your hygiene in tip-top shape
It is not until someone points it out that you realise how often you use your hands; to type, read, cook, talk, the list goes on. Unfortunately, our hands carry and transfer germs and bacteria from one surface to another which can be detrimental to your health, especially during these uncertain times.
Clere For Men brand manager Themba Ndlovu shares his top hygiene tips to help stop germs from spreading in our homes:
- Keep a surface disinfectant solution nearby to wipe down areas before and after use, especially when handling food. It is no use having clean hands and a dirty countertop.
- Out of sight out of mind, flip this phrase on its head. Always have a hand sanitiser close to you; on your desk, or whatever workstation you may be using at home, your nightstand and even your coffee table or TV stand. This will remind you to use it frequently. Alcohol-based hand sanitisers should be used to rid your hands of germs. The new alcohol based Clere Pure & Protect Instant Hand Sanitiser will cleanse and protect all skin types and provides 99.99% germ protection.
- Wash your linen every week. Not only will this help stop the spread of unwanted germs, there is also no better feeling than climbing into freshly washed sheets after a warm shower.
- People tend to forget that fingernails, particularly under the nails, are a breeding ground for bacteria. Keep them short and neat with nail clippers and make sure you wash and sanitise them thoroughly.
- Warm damp areas are a favourable habitat for germs. Wash your bath and hand towels regularly and store them in a clean well-ventilated area.
- Every new dawn should be accompanied by a fresh set of socks. Just because your socks do not ‘seem’ dirty does not mean they are not. Pop them in the washing basket when you step into the shower.
- An increase in hand washing and sanitising can lead to dry, flakey skin, which is not only uncomfortable, but also does not look great. Use either a lotion or crème from Clere For Men’s wide range to keep your skin moisturised for up to 48 hours. Both lotions and crèmes are enriched with Vitamins E & A as well as glycerine for added moisture and nourished skin.
Being in lockdown does not mean your selfcare should be too. Put these hygiene tips to good use by adding them to you daily routine.
For more from Clere for Men